ZEMIGAME FORUM
Forum Home Forum Home > 4STORY > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warrior: the underpowered class

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote xaius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warrior: the underpowered class
    Posted: 28.Dec.2016 at 11:07am
Everyone who plays 4story knows that warriors have taken the greatest hit with the class and skill changes in the last few years, I think warrior deserves a boost to be on par with the other classes. I think this will be accomplished by doing the following:
1 - make the berserker and defense stances instantly cast and able to cast while moving
2 - make "Furious blow" and "Continuous attack" (warrior basic combo) instantly cast and able to cast while moving
3 - lower or  remove the cast time of "Sweep Hell" ( 0.29 sec is enough time for anyone to stun you before your skill even finishes casting

Everyone i have spoken to agrees that this would be a good idea. I would like to hear who else agrees or of any other thoughts or opinions 

Edited by xaius - 28.Dec.2016 at 11:09am
LionO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LionO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Dec.2016 at 9:09pm

being a lover of warrior. What I do not like is that even with shield on,  the magic class can hurt you so much as if there is no shield. Just not fair. What is the use of warrior if they cannot take the hits in defense mode from anyone?

Edited by LionO - 28.Dec.2016 at 9:09pm
CriticalErrorD View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CriticalErrorD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31.Dec.2016 at 6:17am
I think I would change the warrior in a different way than you mentioned.

First, his defence stance needs an enormous power up. Warriors really should be able to tank a ton of dmg (magical as well as physical) and actually make use of their defensive skill kit with stuns etc. Maybe even an additional crowd control (CC) ability could be added or an ability that will shield the warrior for the next few seconds from any CC. This great defensive power up should come at a cost. Switching between Offensive and defensive stance should be automatic (Warrior can equip shield + 1hand and 2hand/axe at the same time, but only the currently active weapon kit will add to the stats) on the press of one button (like a skill). Changing the weapon kit / Stance will take 1-3 seconds and can not be done while walking. The offensive stance might be slightly improved.

Like this, the warrior would actually gain some real tactical advantage for the whole group, being able to dive the enemy group without going down. At the same time, switching stances and weapon become easy and reliable, but with the additional "cast" time, the warrior needs to be aware of his surrounding and know when to switch stances.

Also his sixth sense / eye (not sure how it's named on global) should be a permanent passive buff (can not be removed). 

At the same time I would finally and completely remove the cash medal skills, as they imitate class specific abilities against money, which (from a game mechanic point of view) is nonsense.

Regards Crit :)

Edited by CriticalErrorD - 31.Dec.2016 at 6:19am
Maverick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09.Feb.2017 at 9:10pm
I agree with things in both posts here:
- Berserker stance and defense stand need to be insta cast and castable while moving.
- Defense stance needs a major power up:  Warriors should be able to tank both physical and magic damage WITHOUT buffs.  Yes buffs will help but they should be able to tank without them.  Im not saying they can only be hit for 5s no matter the damage type, but increasing the amount of damage they can take in general will help them to become more relevant.
- Throw axe is incredibly telegraphed.  Most people who play the game these days can evade that (personally, I cannot as I am terrible at evading things, but most can).  This needs to be an insta cast, maybe not while moving but as soon as you hit the button, it should be throwing.
- Switching between 1h/shield and axe should be reworked and made into some sort of skill.  Maybe it has a CD time on it or a cast time, but it needs SOMETHING.  Having to double click on things in your bag to equip them in the heat of battle is not easy nor does it give a tactical advantage at all.

The one thing I do not agree with is that sixth sense/eye as a perma passive buff.  I like it just hte way it is.  As a skill that has a low cooldown.  It makes the warrior slightly delicate - they would need to watch what they do a bit.  We cant have warrior becoming the best class in the game to play or else EVERYONE will be warrior.  That being said lowering the cooldown on it wouldnt hurt it either.  Not 30sec low, but make it 2m instead of whatever it is (3 maybe?)

I do agree however that Cash Medal Skills should nto be a thing.  'Eyes of Truth' shows invis players for ANY toon that has medals to use on the skill.  That takes away from not only the warrior class but the assassin class as well.  Warriors and Assassins used to be valued because of their 'eye' ability.  Now that every class has access to that, among other things, the class has lost its value tenfold.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic